3 science supported health practices that are critical for overall health and surf performance.
- Morning sunlight viewing. To set circadian rhythm, focus, mood and strong sleep habits
- 180-200min of Zone 2 (moderate) cardio per week. Cardiovascular health
- NSDR (Non-Sleep-Deep Rest; 10-30min, 3-7X per week). Stress mitigation and cognition
- Paddle and pop up training in or out of the water everyday
- Also: resistance training (3-4X weekly)
- Cold-heat contrast (ice baths and sauna)
- Avoid packaged hyper processed foods
- Yes eating low sugar fermented foods
- Quality social interactions etc.
Thank you to Dr. Huberman for the inspiration for this list