Improve Your Surfing Hip Mobility
When you improve your surfing hip mobility your surf performance improves right along with it.
There many combinations of movements required for surfing. Be a strong paddler, quick to your feet, and fluid in the movement of your hips to name a few. Today we are going to focus on improving hip mobility for your surfing.
Hip Mobility Flow
Great before or after a session and anytime (That's all the time by the way) to increase hip health for your surfing performance. Things to think about.
Tight hips will:
- Decrease knee range of motion
- Increase thoracic (mid) spine load
- Increase lumbar (low back) spine load
All of that increased load on the spine can over time increase your risk of injury and really lower your performance improvements, for example.
If your hips are stiff, your body is going to force movement into the lumbar spine or in the knees and start putting torque and force on that structure. What follows is usually pain or injury.
Key to improve all aspects of Surf Performance.
Be it in:
- Or what we are focusing on today Mobility
Consistency and accountability go hand in hand. With accountability compliance in the work you need to do to consistently improve will drop.
- Recruit a surfing buddy and keep each other accountable
- Print out a calendar and have your full program written out for the week or month
- Go through our Surf Strong Challenge it is built around accountability